Sarah Webb Wagg's home - 247 West Street, Cammeray




Sarah's death notice shows that she died on 21 September 1918 at "her residence, 247 West-street, North Sydney".  After lunch at a cafe in West Street, I decided to track down Sarah's home - only to find that I've driven past it hundred of time without knowing.  I don't know if any other members of the family were living in the home at the time....maybe you do!


Here it is on the north eastern corner of West and Amhurst Streets, Cammeray.  How many times have I taken the Cammeray exit heading east on the Warringah Freeway and driven along Amhurst Street right next to it!  I'll think of Sarah and the Webb Waggs from now on..........



Popular posts from this blog

Welcome aboard the Australian!

Reuniting the families of James Judkins Gillett (1848 to 1925)

21 September 2018 - The centenary of the death of Sarah Webb Wagg (nee Turner)