Let's remember our Webb Waggs on the centenary of Sarah's death - 21 September 2018

A  Facebook comment from one of the "Webb Wagg cousins" about the involvement of Chris Webb in the family of his youngest sister, Minnie, underlies my view that all the children of Bill and Sarah Wagg were very close and supportive. We just have to look at the three generation in this photo!

Then we have the photo another "Webb Wagg cousins" shared with us of the Webb Wagg family gathering in the late 1910s. I've spent a long time looking at this photo with a magnifying glass since Therese lent it to me. You can clearly see Sarah Wagg in the front row. In the middle of the second row looking away from the camera is Chris and Nellie Webb with Hayden and Josephine Webb Wagg to their right. I'm sure that there are many Tricketts in the photos. You'll recall that Sarah's sister Jane Turner, married John Trickett.


Here's the 1906 marriage certificate of Edward George Thickett (Jane and John's oldest son) to Bina (Sabina) McManus at Christ Church. The witnesses at the wedding are Chris and Nellie Webb. Thanks to Maureen, Edward and Bina's granddaughter, for giving me a copy of the certificate.

Next is a photo that I've used before and know all my life. Taken in the early 1940s at the home of Hayden and Josephine Webb Wagg, 14 Bray Street, Mosman - 250m from my home.  Chris Webb is on the right and my mum, Beryl Woodlands (nee Lutge) is standing next to him along with her grandparents, Hayden and Josephine, uncle, Stan Webb and wife-to-be of her Uncle Jack, Ann McVean. 

If you have any family photos from the first half of the 1900s that you'd like to share, you can mail them to me at chrisw9953@gmail.com.
We are fast approaching the centenary of the death of our matriarch, Sarah, on 21 September 2018. If you would like to join me for an informal gathering at the Sydney Flying Squadron in September or October please let me know over the next few weeks. I'll have more details in early April when I see the response and approach the club.


Popular posts from this blog

Welcome aboard the Australian!

Reuniting the families of James Judkins Gillett (1848 to 1925)

21 September 2018 - The centenary of the death of Sarah Webb Wagg (nee Turner)